Sunday, March 28, 2010

Translating Palin

SarahPalinUSA Tweet –

Great college basketball this week! Dad just reminded me: coaches refer 2 rebuilding & gearing up 4 new season as "Reloading"! Enjoy the Final Four.
Sarah packed so much into a space so little with her last Facebook post, I fear that some of the subtlety might be lost on her critics. So, allow me to translate.

“March madness battles rage!”
Politics is a basketball game. And I’m a Barracuda.

Apparently, the intellectually superior media elites find this concept very hard to understand:

“My family and I join millions of Americans enjoying college basketball’s finest through March Madness. Underdogs always get my vote as we watch intense competition bring out the best in these accomplished teams.”
I’m on the side of the little guy, the kind of person who goes to Tea Parties and is looked down on by the elites of the world. I’m rooting for them. And I welcome the opposition. Come on, fight us. It only makes us stronger.

“The Final Four is an intense, contested series (kind of like a heated, competitive primary election), so best of luck to all teams, and watch for this principle lived out: the team that wins is the team that wants it more.”
Good luck to everyone running in the primaries, especially John and JD. Battle it out and may the best man (or woman in some cases) win. As for the elections in November, remember this: the team that wins is the team that wants it more. And make no mistake; we want it more. Stay focused, stay driven, work your butts off, never let up, and victory will be ours.

“To the teams that desire making it this far next year: Gear up! In the battle, set your sights on next season’s targets! From the shot across the bow – the first second’s tip-off – your leaders will be in the enemy’s crosshairs, so you must execute strong defensive tactics.”
Oh, you heard me. Eat those metaphors, Chris Matthews!

Remember that it will be a constant battle and the leaders, like me, will be on the receiving end of shelling that will grow increasingly heavier as the game goes on. Play good defense, but remember that defense alone won’t win you the game.

“You won’t win only playing defense, so get on offense! The crossfire is intense, so penetrate through enemy territory by bombing through the press, and use your strong weapons – your Big Guns – to drive to the hole. Shoot with accuracy; aim high and remember it takes blood, sweat and tears to win.”
There is only attack, attack, and attack some more. Don’t fall for the liberal media’s sob stories. Call their bluff and turn the tables back on them. The press is the enemy.

Hey, GOP, I’m your Big Gun. I’ll break through the media for you, you wimps. I’ll get you to the basket since no one else is willing to play tough enough to get you there. No victory comes without sacrifice. Quit worrying about how you’ll be received at cocktail parties and man up, already.

“If the gate is closed, go over the fence. If the fence is too high, pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, parachute in."

(ht/ Stretch Pelosi)

“If the other side tries to push back, your attitude should be “go for it.” Get in their faces and argue with them. (Sound familiar?!)”

Oh, that's right. I'm calling your bluff, media and Democrat leaders. Where was the outrage when American citizns got beaten up by SEIU thugs? Where was the media calling out their beloved Obama for encouraging his followers to get in people's faces?

Your recent "concern" about anything I've said or posted is complete and total BS, and you know it. Just know that if you blame me for any "violence," I can turn those tables right back on you. And I haven't even brought up the best one yet.

You won't cow me with your tactics. I'm onto them. I'm not like most of the spineless males in the GOP. I fight back.
“Every possession is a battle; you’ll only win the war if you’ve picked your battles wisely.”
Which is why I resigned as Governor. The enemy had the high ground. Legally, there was nothing I could do to fight back. I was a sitting duck, and about to be a lame one at that. They had me hamstrung by the system. It was a losing position. So I decided to take a chance and pick another battleground.

It’s why I quoted MacArthur in my resignation speech: “We are not retreating; we are advancing in another direction.” Now I set the rules. Now I’ve got the high ground. Now, you all respond to me; to us.

“No matter how tough it gets, never retreat, instead RELOAD!”
They will intimidate you; they will marginalize you. They will try to provoke you. Don't lose control and give them what they want. Fight them with all of your strength and fight smarter. Make them pay dearly for each victory.

The tide has turned. We the People are awake. It's taken the thugs 100 years to get this far, and they won't give up easily. But we will never give up; we will never surrender.

Yes we can! These things will change. :)

No comments: