Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Novel Idea

I'll admit I have no idea what I'm talking about; I'm just going off of snippets I've been hearing on the news about Iran. Apparently that nutjob over there has a couple nuclear facilities going, he's testing missiles, he hates Israel, and the rest of the world is twiddling its thumbs and wringing its hands going, "Oh, my goodness, what do we do?"

Meanwhile the people of Iran are yelling as loud as they can, "He doesn't speak for us!"

Here's a novel idea: how about we pinpoint the nuclear sites, his military sites, where the mullahs live, and where Ahmadinejad lives and with no warning bomb the daylights out of them all simultaneously. Then we make it clear that if anybody else (dictatorwise) moves, they're next. Then we say, "Hey, Iranians. You wanted a free Iran, here you go. If you elect another nutjob, he'll get the same thing. Here's your chance; don't waste it. We'll help you out however we can," and then leave.

There. Problem solved. I know it's more complicated than that, but this garbage that we've got now is the Neville Chamberlain approach. That way leads to World War. If we'd just bombed the batsnot out of Hitler when he went after the Sudetenland, the Holocaust wouldn't have happened. Dictators are never satisfied. They won't stop until you kill them.

No comments: