Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Legal Defense Fund

I meant to mention this about a week ago, but I got busy.

I know a lot of you (myself included) are planning on donating the money returned from Palin's old legal fund to the new one as soon as you get it back.

That's great, but I also want to encourage you to give before you get your money back. According to the ADN, just having the fund for the past year has cost Palin upwards of $80,000 in expenses. She's able to use the $30,000+ donated after she left office to pay those expenses off, but that still leaves her with about $50,000 worth left to go.

It'd be nice if she had that money on hand now. Otherwise, she's going to have a period where she's in the red until everyone sends their donations back, and some may not. Hence the link to her fund on the right side of this page.

I will confess, I haven't given anything yet because I haven't gotten my paycheck yet, but I'll fix that at the end of the week. :-)

No comments: