Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Warpaint - Initial Reaction to Palin Taking Most of Stimulus

Okay, I think I've figured out why even though I understand and even agree with the governor's decision, I'm still a little disappointed. Bear with me here.

I don't know about you all, but I'm itching for a fight. The stimulus package, the new agenda, the "change" is just too much and it seems like there's no conduit to fight back. For us ordinary barbarians, Sarah Palin has become that conduit. She's a hope for the future that helps us get through the present. So we project our frustrations with the stimulus and what Obama's doing as a whole onto the politics of Alaska. Alaska becomes the microcosm.

And we barbarians gear up for the fight. We see the legislators acting like spoiled children, and we smear on our warpaint. We see the ethics complaints pile up, and we sharpen our swords. We see anklebiters trying to destroy a good woman for no real reason at all, and we mount up and prepare to follow that woman into battle. We're ready man, we're hollerin' and stompin'. "Go git 'em Barracuda, we're behind you!"

We get to the battlefield....and no one's there. Our leader never calls the charge. This wasn't the right time and place. Now what? We're all warpainted up with no place to fight. Was this the Gov's fault? No. At the end of the day, I think we'll realize that she's right. But that doesn't quite ease the disappointment over missing a good scrap.

I don't know about you all, but I'm still rarin' for a good brawl. And when that bugle does sound, I'll be ready. But "don't fire 'till you see the whites of their eyes!" No sense in wasting good bullets. It ain't easy, but sometimes the hardest part of war is the waiting.

No comments: