Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Freeeedom!"

That's the word that I imagine is running through Sarah Palin's mind these days. "Only a few more weeks of this craziness and I am outta here! All you anklebiters just try and mess with me now!"

I don't know about my previous speculation about the other shoe (it is after all, speculation), but I do know that the more time that passes since the resignation, the better I feel about it. I feel like I can breathe again.

Whether there was a coordinated effort to break Sarah Palin by using the constraints of her office or not, the result was the same as hog-tying her and then telling her to climb a mountain. Not gonna happen.

So, I'm getting happier and happier with the idea of Sarah Palin, Private Citizen. And it looks like she is too:




Resigning was what was best for her state (Alaska already looks like it's breathing a sigh of relief), what was best for her and her family, and (I think) what was best for the whole country.

And if it didn't follow the political playbook of what a politician is supposed to do, so what? Who wrote that stupid playbook anyway? Maybe it needs to be torn up.

And for her critics out there who just don't understand why she would "step down" from a position of power to go back and mingle with the "lowly masses," I have this to say: In the United States of America, the People have the real power. Elected officials are merely our servants.

In that case, I say she took a step up.

1 comment:

Piney said...

In the United States of America, the People have the real power. Elected officials are merely our servants.
------------
And Sarah is getting to remind both us and the elected officials of just that fact!