Friday, January 15, 2010

Glenn Beck on Meeting Palin

Glenn Beck on his radio show discussing his interview with Sarah Palin. (I prefer plain audio because I like to just focus on what's being said, but if you want video, it's below):









I know a lot of people are saying that the Palin/Beck interview was her most relaxed interview, blah, blah, blah.... but I honestly thought that she was a little more guarded going into this one than she has been on a few others. Maybe it's just me.

Maybe it was the idea of meeting someone that you actually like and you don't want to ruin the like, I don't know. But that was just my impression. I think she got looser as the interview went on, but she waffled between guarded and unguarded.

You know, I didn't want to say anything, but when I saw Palin at the Wisconsin Right to Life... I don't know. Apparently, I'm the only one that felt that way because every other account was glowing - practically had her walking on water. I thought that maybe it was just because I had been up for a long time and was dog tired and out of my mind, but for me, it was as if all the star power and all the "punch" was stripped away - all I saw was a woman.

A woman who perhaps has been stabbed in the back so often she's afraid to let her guard down now. I didn't peg that at the time. At the time I was just struck by how absolutely normal she was. Average. She could have been anyone.

On the way home I sat in the car wondering how on earth it is that this person has come to be in this position. The only conclusion I could draw that night was that it wasn't her. I know this is going to sound incredibly tacky, but she's just a person; I think she was dead on when (if) she told Steve Schmidt that this whole thing was God's plan.

Maybe Sarah Palin is George Washington, then again, maybe not. Maybe (probably) Glenn is just a little overdramatic. Doesn't really matter. She's not really running this show anyway, I don't think. We'll just have to wait and see.

One thing's for sure - this woman is receiving Presidential-level criticism and has been for over a year now. You think that woman's not going to be ready for the Presidency? Think again.

No comments: