Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So Much for the Right-Wing Evangelical Extremist

I am laughing my butt off on this one - Palin to headline Wine and Spirits Convention.

Seriously. Loggers convention, bowling convention, and now the wine and spirits convention. Hardly conventional, no pun intended. LOL! Beverage World. Unbelieveable.

Contrast all of these with the Fox News analyst thing, and you get quite a picture. She's going outside of the Beltway, and yet poking her head into it to state her opinion on things via Fox News.

It would appear that right now her prime objective is to raise some money, which is perfectly understandable. If she's going to run for anything or support others who want to run for anything (or just provide for her family for the rest of her life) she's going to need it. The irony is that this has all been made possible because of the anklebiters that tried to make her go bankrupt. It reminds me of a video I watched soon after Palin resigned. I don't agree with every viewpoint in it, but it does address the irony:



The concern I have is that this might damage her outside-the-Beltway, just-like-us image. On the other hand, the sad reality is that money is power.

All I know is that I want this woman to run for President. All of these steps (some of which might make me nervous) I don't really care about so long as the road ends in the White House. I don't want her to sit on her laurels and just make money, though she has every right to do that and I wouldn't blame her if she did. I want that woman in the Oval Office.

Yes, I will support Sarah no matter what she does. But she was meant for things far greater than being a commentator on Fox News. As long as she uses these things as stepping stones and not a goal, I'm cool with it. If it's a goal, sorry, not cool with it. She's got more in her than that.

I'm not going to get a chance to see O'Reilly tonight, but one thing I am excited about - Sarah for a full hour on Glenn Beck tomorrow. That I will get to see. Glenn has got to be absolutely giddy. Giddy. He's only been waiting for this for a year and a half. I wouldn't be surprised if he kissed her shoes.

No comments: