Sunday, May 30, 2010

More on "Wilson"....

Excerpts from a hilarious article in Big Hollywood. The diary of Joe McGinnis:
--------------

May 19, 2010: I’ve arrived in Wasilla, Alaska, home to Sarah Palin! But it’s clear she’s already prepared an unfriendly reception. When I told the cabbie “I’m Joe McGinniss, the best-selling author,” he tried to act like he didn’t even know who I was. Well, if these hillbillies think they can fool this newshound, they’ve got another thing coming!

May 21, 2010 (3 p.m): Bingo! Todd is in the backyard with a shovel. This is going to be good!

May 21, 2010 (3:15 p.m): Digging!

May 21, 2010 (3:30 p.m): Still digging!

May 21, 2010 (3:45 p.m): Okay, he’s planted a tree. But the question is….why?

May 21, 2010 (8 p.m): Boo-yah! First line, Chapter One: “Sarah Palin’s family’s veneer of normality is itself the most compelling evidence of its deep, hideous deviance.” Eat your heart out, Tolstoy. Oh, Joe – you have still got it!

May 25, 2010: I saw a caribou and a moose, which I now understand are different things. Also, wolves got into my trash can last night. This place is like that safari I took in Kenya except colder and with more flannel.

May 26, 2010: Sarah’s fascist tendencies are on full display AGAIN! Now she’s gone and built a 15-foot fence between our houses. This woman’s gall knows no bounds. She has zero respect for my rights and prerogatives. I’m a member of the media, not some schmuck on the street! This kind of shameless manipulation of the press smells of the influence of Karl Rove, who I think I saw disguised as a pizza delivery guy. But she will not succeed! Tomorrow, into town to buy myself a ladder!

May 27, 2010 (Morning): Back to town again. Palin’s clearly gotten all her local pals behind her. I went into the hardware store to buy a ladder and the guy at the counter wanted some ID when I handed over my credit card. “I’m Joe McGinniss, the former best-selling author,” I said, but he totally pretended not to even know who I was. Do they really think they can hide this conspiracy?

May 29, 2010 (Evening): So, I’m pawing through the Palins’ garbage and suddenly it hits me – paper, aluminum, glass, all together in one can. The woman refuses to recycle! I think I just found the smoking icepick.

May 30, 2010: Bingo! I’m fast asleep at quarter to ten this morning with all the shades drawn and I hear a ruckus next door. I drag myself out of bed and look into their front yard and the whole brood is dressed up and piling into their SUV. Where the hell would a family be going together early on a Sunday morning when good Christian souls and Holy Cross graduates are home sleeping? I don’t know – yet – but my reporter’s instincts are tingling!

June 1, 2010: Stupid wolves got into my trashcans again. Geez, can’t someone do something about these damn pests? What do they think this book is going to be titled — The Call of the Wild?
------------

LOL!

And on a more serious note, we know that McGinnis has dined with Trig-Truthers and is a big fan of the most disgusting ones, but The Other McCain reminds us.

Oh, and there's apparently another belly-dragger who's buddied up to Joe. This was also posted over at Firedoglake, and I don't know which guy it originally comes from. My guess would be Munger, but that's just a guess.

No comments: