Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tammy Bruce, Sean Hannity, and Me on McGinnis

Tammy:

Sean:

I gotta tell ya, when Joe first started talking, it didn't really affect me at all. And to be honest, other than understanding that the Palins want some privacy and an oasis where they can get away from people like McGinnis, I haven't really cared about Joe. But the more he went on talking to Matt, the more I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

What was he thinking? He honestly thought that he was going to move in there and that he and the Palins were going to become close friends? I'm sorry, but that....that's odd.

Joe, you're writing a book on her. You've written hit pieces on her in the past. You seriously thought that you and "Sarah" as you call her were going to become good friends? (shudder)

For the record, any fan of Jesse Griffin's, is never, EVER going to be a friend of the Palins. Just sayin'. Matt Lauer should have asked Joe why he's a fan of Trig-truthers.

For me, it's not really about Joe. Joe's pathetic and creepy, to be sure, but it's more about the fact that these lunatic bloggers now have access to being 12 feet away from Palin. They've already run around and taken pictures of her house and Bristol's house, etc... Now they've got somebody they can drop in on as well. One anti-Palin blogger already has.

As for Palin "smearing" Joe, good grief. Maybe if you have a vivid imagination. But in case you're prone to misinterpret, Palin clarifies:
McGinniss has followed us for some time now, from showing up on our doorstep last winter, bidding over $60,000 for a military charity auction dinner with me, writing the hit pieces, attending at least one Outside book event, etc.

He has a right to pursue his subject, I suppose, and certainly has a right to live wherever he wants, but my family also has a right to expect privacy, and hopefully to enjoy peace this summer. Good fences do make for good neighbors.

The fence is now up, and I hope that we can enjoy peace. The media sensationalizes the recent McGinniss’ tactic so the public will tune in to whatever the latest episode is, always with ratings in mind, and that’s unfortunate...

I’m not sure what “ugly innuendo” was in my Facebook post or why it is so controversial to suggest that the presence of a hostile “journalist” writing a hostile book about me is an imposition on my children who simply want to enjoy their summer outside. When I say or write “leave my kids alone,” it means simply that: let my kids have a fun summer without having a “journalist” 15 ft from their play area.

How that equates me with the Nazis is quite beyond me. If receiving nasty emails and even death threats is the standard by which we judge “inciting hatred,” then the left in this country has been “inciting hatred” on my family for almost two years now.

We don’t complain about this or call people “Nazis” because we value freedom of speech enough to believe that even ignorant and hateful people have a right to it. It’s a shame that a self-proclaimed “journalist” doesn’t understand this.
I almost, almost feel sorry for Joe. Not because he's been sooooo persecuted or anything like he claims, but because his life must be kind of sad if he's this desperate for the Palins to bake him cookies. If I was living next door to Joe and he wasn't obsessed with me, I'd try to befriend him. It sounds like he needs some friends.

Oh, well. I guess he can always turn to Phil Munger. I wonder if Phil has asked Joe whether or not he thinks dinosaurs walked the earth with humans. Phil seems to have an odd obsession about asking people that question.

Do I really think that Joe would do anything to hurt the Palins? No.

Is he weird? Oh, yeah.

I'd build a fence.

No comments: