Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Two Cents

Just wanted to give my two cents on some of recent events. Keep 'em, throw 'em away.. whatever.

First, John Thune. I know some are upset at his CPAC line about how he hasn't gone on any book tours or done any reality shows. Taking the Palin aspect out of it, I feel kinda sorry for the guy. The line could have been funny if his comedic timing didn't suck.


Pitiful. Just pitiful. Why anyone thinks the dude has a snowball's chance is beyond me.

In other irrelevant news, I hear Levi's sister is posing in Playboy. Apparently to get college money. Hey, it's good dough. If you don't have a moral code that says you shouldn't pose nude in magazines, go for it. Why not? I would have advised something a little less extreme. Maybe like a loan, but that's just me.

Don't really want to stir up a controversy that's already over with, but I think the Santorum thing was way overblown. If Santorum really wanted to trash her, he had his chance after the Hannity interview. But he didn't take it. He's not a threat to Palin, my goodness. The guy would be lucky to get 1% of the vote. JMHO.

On the whole FB post, possible mistake on the numbers thing, I don't care enough about the details of proposed budgets to look it up. Did she make a mistake? I don't know. Who cares if she did?

I think we've got to get away from this line of thinking that Palin cannot make mistakes. She's human. It's not like she can do no wrong. Holding her to a standard that high is grossly unfair. No one can operate under a burden like that for very long. Why are we afraid of mistakes? "The media holds her to a different standard." Yes they do. And they will whether she makes a mistake or not, so what difference does it make?

And does anybody know what this is? Is it a hoax or just freaky?




Anyway, just a few thoughts rolling around in my brain. Probably only worth about two cents.

No comments: