Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ayers was Joking

WND posted a story yesterday that has since been picked up by various places, including the American Thinker. (At least, I think that's how it started. WND is the first place I saw it. Too lazy to look it up further.) The proverbial "nail in the coffin."

"Ayers admits that he wrote Dreams from my Father!"

Watch the video:



I don't know about you, but to me, that was a joke. He was mocking the accusation that he wrote the book. The American Thinker describes it as -

Bill Ayers volunteered that yes indeed he had written the acclaimed Barack Obama memoir, Dreams from My Father....

Not surprisingly, Ayers retreated into irony as he ended the session. "Yeah, yeah," he said after confirming again that he wrote Dreams, "And if you help me prove it, I'll split the royalties with you. Thank you very much."

With his final comment, the Ayers-friendly audience laughed in relief.  The media will laugh nervously upon seeing the video as well.  The White House will not.

Um, no. The straight-face part was to set up the funny part, which he then delivered. Full joke.

Maybe American Thinker is right and this was a shot over Obama's bow:

As was obvious in his speech at Montclair, Ayers does not like the application of force in Libya, and this may have been his own way of retaliating.  Consider it a shot across Obama's bow.  The White House will.
It just doesn't look like that to me. But hey, I could be wrong.

Did Ayers write Dreams from my Father? I don't know. Don't really care which fruity guy wrote the fruity book. Although I fail to understand why the guy who bombed government buildings is allowed into a classroom. Why is he not in jail for the rest of his natural life?

It also never ceases to amaze me how Palin-haters are always accusing her of wanting to violently overthrow the government or some such horseradish and yet they loooooove Obama, the dude who kicked off his political career in the living room of a guy who wanted to violently overthrow the state, and actually blew stuff up in that attempt.

June 1974, the Weather Underground released a 151-page volume titled Prairie Fire, which stated: "We are a guerrilla organization [...] We are communist women and men underground in the United States [...]"


No comments: