Sunday, August 1, 2010

Heffalump Congress - updated

I was thinking about moderate voters today. About centrists. People who would be less apt to vote for a Tea Party candidate, but who aren't comfortable with the radical left-shift that our current Congress has taken. Here's my message to those who want a centered government.

You want Congress to be more moderate? Vote for a "right-wing extremist."

Think of it like a teeter-totter.


Okay, say the big fat Heffalump represents the current make-up of our Congress. (If it was an elephant, you could say it represents the GOP, but it's not; it's a Heffalump.) One-sided, to say the least.

Now, you're in the middle. You want a more balanced and centrist Congress, therefore you would vote for a more centrist candidate. Have you really thought that through?

Say that a bunch of centrists get in there and sit squarely in the middle of the teeter-totter. Think back to your elementary days. Would that really do anything to change the balance?

Nope. You'd still have a Heffalump Congress.

How do you balance it out? Why, you put weight on the Tigger end, of course.

Some of these Tea Party candidates have things in their platforms that I don't agree with. For instance, doing away with the Fed. I'm all for auditing it, but I have my doubts about doing away with it completely.

However, I have no problem voting for an 'abolish the Fed' candidate because we need that to counteract the radical Leftist agenda that's running rampant in Congress right now. We need some weight on the Tigger side.

If we get enough to counteract the Heffalump, guess where we'll be?

Balanced, or (dare I say) more centrist. Checking and balancing each other.

That's my theory, anyway. Maybe an incredibly dumb theory. Hey, I had to do something with that cute Winnie the Pooh picture.


Update - My stats say people keep clicking on this post. Why? You're freaking me out. ;-)

Didn't know Winnie the Pooh was so interesting.

No comments: