Sunday, December 27, 2009

SP Video Sunday (and Happy Birthday Tripp!)

Although it's nearly Monday, I figured I'd post a couple of things for any late night/early morning Palin fans.

I would like to start with a quote that's been running through my mind. I see the world go crazy, especially the elite media, over Sarah Palin. They don't know what to make of her. They can't figure her out. Andrea Mitchell said recently that it's scary. I think God is sitting up in heaven getting a kick out of all of this. I Corinthians 1:26-28:
"Not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are.
I know that theologically these verses have a different application, but they've been running through my mind recently nonetheless.

Next, the article in People magazine on Palin's Wild Ride can be found here. Excerpts:
The purse, called a Possibilities Bag, was made by some friends back home. "It's otter. They hunt it, they eat it, they make a bag." Why the name? "A man gives it to his wife," Palin says with a playful lift of her eyebrows, "and then he has possibilities."

"There are a lot of shackles when you are in an elected position. So if I believe it's best for my family and country that I assist minus those shackles, then I will go down that path." She sounds perfectly content when she adds, "I do my work from a kitchen table now."

"He [Trig] is just so cool," says Palin, breaking into a grin. "He knows he has us wrapped around his little finger." The family has all learned sign language and Trig signs for "milk." Palin admits that she aches to hear "Mama," but right now she is teaching Trig to sign, "I love you." He and their grandson Tripp—Bristol's 11-month-old son with ex-boyfriend Levi—are "growing up more like brothers," she says.

With or without political office, she has a very full life, and that, she says, may be the best revenge. "There's a toast that Todd and I love: 'May we always be happy, and may our enemies know it!'"
Oh, and today is Tripp's first birthday! Happy birthday, Tripp!




You're getting big fast!

Now for a couple of vids. First, in the spirit of winter, Todd winning his first Iron Dog in 1995:



And now here's an interview Sarah gave to a Canadian show called The Hour last January:



And finally, a couple more People magazine shots:

No comments: