Wednesday, April 21, 2010

An Illegal Prank

The trial of Kernell, the guy who hacked Palin's email account, continues. The defense's main argument seems to be that it was all a harmless prank.

I'm watching the news about some guy or guys who are calling the families of National Guard soldiers and telling them that their loved ones are hurt or worse.

These are termed as "prank calls." They also happen to come with a minimum five year sentence if whoever did it is caught. It's an actual crime to "prank call" like that.

Maybe I'll rob a bank and say, "Hey, I was just kidding, lighten up! It was a prank!"

Yeah. I'm sure they'll buy that.

They must be trying to buy the guy leniency, which is understandable. It's not like I want him locked up and the key thrown away myself. But he's got to get something. You can't just spread people's private emails all over the web for political reasons and get away with it.

No comments: