Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Healing Process

Call me crazy, but I don't have a bad feeling about the Bristol getting married thing.

I do feel for her parents.

Sarah and Todd obviously want what is best for their daughter, and that includes a good, loving husband for her and a great father for Tripp. Like all parents, they want their daughter to marry a prince. With the way Levi has behaved this last year, they're definitely not thinking that he's got what it takes. From their statement it sounds like they are less than thrilled. Who can blame them? I'd blame them if they didn't have reservations.

Bristol has shown herself to be very independent-minded. Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's...interesting.

I think she really does want her parents to be okay with this. However, she also realizes that while she has decided to take Levi back (albeit with reservations; marriage counseling is definitely on the menu), her parents are going to demand actual actions to match Levi's pretty words.

He says he wants to step up to the plate and prove himself. He says he wants to get an education, get a job, and be there for Bristol and Tripp. But the Palins aren't fools. He's going to have to actually do those things and prove himself on a consistent basis.

If nothing else, I think it's clear that Bristol is on her own. She is independent from her parents and is making her own decisions.

I guess we'll see what happens. For now, I'm putting this down as a good thing, and I'm praying that Levi's on the up and up and that he will prove himself. I just want everyone to be happy. Prayers. Definitely some prayers going up.

I know some people are ticked off at Bristol as well. All I can say is watch the video on this story. And no, she's not pregnant. Good grief.

I watched my Aunt raise three kids on her own, one of whom had some development issues because her husband had kicked her while she was pregnant. It wasn't easy. She had to rely heavily on the help of friends and relatives. She managed it, but with a lot of wear and tear. If Bristol thinks that she can make it work with her child's father, I am going to be the last one to fault her for trying it.

And Levi, not everyone gets a second chance. You better not squander yours.



Now there are rumors that a reality show might be in the works. At this point, nothing would surprise me. Honestly, I'm not really sure I would even have a problem with it.

Good grief. I must be in a really good mood today.

1 comment:

Bill589 said...

I’m glad you’re in a good mood. I got a little worried.

After I saw about the reunion on two tv stations, and then verified it on-line in several places, because it had to be a bad joke, and then pinching myself to make sure I wasn’t having a nightmare. . . I thought of you, because I think we have similar views on Levi.

You appear to be taking it much better than I was afraid you might.