Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oh, Brother - UPDATE

Levi and Bristol are engaged. They hope to get married within two months. I waver between vomit and relief that the soap opera is finally over.

Ya know, I was afraid this would happen. When Bristol didn't come out and deny that her and Levi were back together (even though Tank did), a little worry started poking its head around the corner of my mind.

Bristol, I cannot say that I condone your taste in men, that's for sure (LOL!), but good luck. I hope you know what you're doing.

And I do have to say, I always kind of thought that Bristol dumped him and that Levi wanted her back.

Article:

"We got engaged two weeks ago," Bristol, 19, tells Us Weekly. "It felt right, even though we don't have the approval of our parents." In other words, Sarah Palin didn't know Bristol and Levi and baby Tripp were breaking the news on the cover of Us.

"It is intimidating and scary just to think about what her reaction is going to be. Hopefully she will jump on board," Bristol told Us Weekly.

Bristol and Levi, 20 -- who called off their previous engagement two weeks after welcoming son Tripp in December 2008 -- tell Us Weekly they reconnected three months ago while working out a custody plan for their 18-month-old son. "I really thought we were over," Levi says. "So when I went, I had no hope. I think we both just started talking — and then we took Tripp for a walk."

Says Bristol, "When he left that night, we didn't hug or kiss, but I was thinking how different it was. He texted me: 'I miss you. I love you. I want to be with you again' ... I was in shock."

They want to get married as soon as possible, but no date is set. Bristol told Us Weekly she is not pregnant and they are practicing abstinence until the wedding.

So what do Sarah and Todd Palin have to say about the news? A statement was read on the Today show this morning from them:

"Bristol at 19 is now a young adult. We obviously want what's best for our children. Bristol believes in redemption and forgiveness to a degree most of us struggle to put in practice in our daily lives."

In other words, they don't sound thrilled.


I wouldn't be either, Sarah. Haha! I think I would puke. I feel your pain.

But, and I do mean BUT, if Levi is serious, then I guess it's better for Tripp.

Maybe.

Seriously, they're like the teenage couple that's in love one week and hates each other the next. I hope they don't hit the "hate" cycle again anytime soon.

And now cue the media talking about this for the next three months or so...

UPDATE:

The complete statement put out by Mom and Dad:

"As parents, we obviously want what is best for our children, but Bristol is ultimately in charge of determining what is best for her and her beautiful son. Bristol believes in redemption and forgiveness to a degree most of us struggle to put in practice in our daily lives.We pray that, as a couple, Bristol and Levi's relationship matures into one that will allow Tripp to grow up graced with two loving parents in his life."

I'm not sure I trust either one of these young pups' decision making. But, goodness knows that being a single parent is not easy, and it sure makes things a whole lot better for the kid if his parents aren't fighting all the time and he's not having to be shuffled between homes his whole childhood. If both parties are on the up and up, then I say, more power to 'em. We'll see.

In the meantime, I say, "Go Tripp!"

No comments: