Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Cannonization of George Tiller - UPDATED: Video Added

For the first time in years, America is more pro-life than it is pro-choice:

"Additionally, a recent national survey by the Pew Research Center recorded an eight percentage-point decline since last August in those saying abortion should be legal in all or most cases, from 54% to 46%. The percentage saying abortion should be legal in only a few or no cases increased from 41% to 44% over the same period.
Since last August.....hmmm...let's see, wasn't August when Sarah Palin burst onto the scene?


The pro-life issue is part of the reason the liberal establishment went absolutely ballistic on Sarah Palin. She is the antithesis of everything they have been trying to push for the last 40 years.

And surprise, surprise, she's been successful! People have started changing their minds, or seeing the life issue in a new light since America met Sarah Palin.

Rush Limbaugh hit the nail on the head early on.

To summarize, the lefties are desperate, for the first time in years they're losing, and then....

George Tiller was shot while ushering in his church on Sunday.

A chance to turn America pro-choice again!

We may now watch as George Tiller is turned into a martyr, a male Mother Theresa, and a virtual saint by the media in order to counteract the recent pro-life surge.

I wouldn't be surprised if they built a monument.

Sarah Palin issued a couple great statements that I'm sure helped mitigate the media somewhat, and this weekend she shot another one across the left's bow:

Shortly before noon, Palin's party was led to the National Women's Hall of Fame by Executive Director Christine Moulton....

At one point, Palin said she shared with Susan B. Anthony a desire for the protection of women. "For me, that includes our youngest sisters, girls in the womb," she said.

Hard to argue with that, though I'm sure they'll think of something.

In the meantime, let's bask in the glow of at least one blogger who has seen the light:

"I'm a 27 year old female who was always pro-choice but didn't believe that to be an important voting platform. I have to admit that I was never as political as I am now and can honestly say the only reason I ever got involved was due to Sarah Palin.


"Never before had I been exposed to a pro-life female on the national stage, which made an incredible impact on me.The minute that Sarah walked out onto the stage for the RNC speech in September I found myself leaping out of my seat and clapping at least five different times.


"There was something so captivating, authentic and genuine about this woman and how different she appeared when compared to the rest of the political elite. Right off the bat I felt like I could trust her and she epitomized what was missing in D.C.


"As I listened to her speeches and even attended another rally in Pennsylvania, I also felt my heart change and my stance on life. Because of how she was able to communicate what it actually means and because I could feel how powerful her words were due to the meaning they held for her, I couldn't help but change my mind.


"I now understand that the choice to end a life, if it were to happen to me, would be a completely selfish and heartless act due to an irresponsible decision I made. There is absolutely no reason that an innocent child should have to suffer because of a mistake I made.


Sarah Palin has changed this one young lady's mind and there is nobody else on the political scene that I admire more."
(Crabby Con: May 15: 7.34pm)


What is it they say? "If just one life is changed...."

I mean, how could you not change? You would have to be made of metal to watch this and not be moved:


No comments: