Sunday, January 17, 2010

Legislative Session About to Kick Off in Juneau

The Alaska Dispatch (caution: lawmakers slamming Palin) highlights the upcoming legislative session in Juneau, Parnell's first as Governor.

We'll see how it goes. I got a comment on my oil taxes post that Parnell wasn't doing enough fast enough to incentivize exploration. Well, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there's not much he can do all by himself. He's got to kinda wait for the legislature.

Whether or not he'll be able to cut it, I don't know. Parnell seems to be enjoying the same kind of honeymoon Palin did when she first got in. Lawmakers are swooning over the fact that he's "open" and actually calls them, just like they did when Palin first got in. Kinda makes your stomach turn, but at least the state is moving on.

An election year is upon them, so politics will be involved, of course. But it's ten times less than if Palin were there. If she were still in office, I can pretty much guarantee that the partisanship would be so thick absolutely nothing would get done.

I guess what burns me is that the legislators complain about how Palin didn't call them as much after the election was over, and yet seem to have no comprehension that it was they who had the power to free up her administration from the red tape of the ethics complaints and the FOIA requests so that Palin would have had more time to actually do her job, and yet they sat on it and did nothing.

Politics sucks.

Oh, well. Go Alaska.

No comments: