Sunday, March 21, 2010

Don't Get Mad; Get Even - UPDATED

We were all hoping for the best, but I think most of us knew in our gut that this would happen. Looks like it's going to pass.

I went through the normal doom and gloom spiral for about an hour just to work it out of my system, and now.... let's just say I am going to D.C. on August 28th. I am also going to get busy donating and volunteering here in my own state for our own Congressional candidates.

There's nothing like a little motivation.

It's now clear that Bart Stupak never had any intention of voting against the bill. I knew that he was a liberal, but now I know he's also a liar. The latter shouldn't be much of a surprise given the former.

Dan Benishek is Stupak's challenger in Michigan. You can find him on Facebook. His supporters have gone from around 600 to nearly 7,000 and counting, and that's just today. He doesn't have a Donate button up yet, but you can send him a check. Please include your employer info in the envelope.

You can follow Benishek on Twitter - http://twitter.com/Benishek

Don't get mad; get even.

UPDATE -

Benishek now has a way to donate via PayPal here.

And his supporters now number over 10,000. :)

Remember when this was just a joke? :

2 comments:

Bill589 said...

I’m so down because of this. However, your site, and blogging with you and others helps me a lot. Thank you for doing what you do. I think you’re an extraordinary barbarian.

Kelsey said...

Believe it or not, I'm actually happy.

I wasn't at first, but now I've got a fire in my belly and it feels great.