Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bob McConnell for Congress!

Colorado's 3rd District is currently represented by John Salazar, a member of the Health Care 20 who voted for Obamacare. Bob McConnell is one of the Republicans running against him.

http://www.mcconnellforcongress.com/

Bob McConnell is a former Ranger who has been endorsed by Combat Veterans for Congress.

In addition to his campaign website, Bob has a blog here. His wife also has a blog here.

Bob describes himself and his campaign:
I am a man of faith, a Constitution carrying, conservative Republican. I am a retired Colonel, Airborne Ranger, and a recovering lawyer...

I am committed to finding Practical Solutions to Real Problems through traditional Republican values; limited government, lower taxes, free markets, protecting individual and States’ rights, and defending our country against all enemies, foreign and domestic...

I seem to be outside the favored GOP circle. That’s OK. For me God, Country, and Family come first. Party comes second.

We will take our country back by uniting the energy, and conservative values of the Tea Party movement with the wisdom and political skill of the GOP. United we win. We will win this fight, because failure is not an option.

I graduated from the University of Tennessee with a BS in education. I taught 7th and 8th grades at Morristown Junior High school before entering active duty.

Honor graduate of my Officer Basic class, I volunteered for Airborne and Ranger training. Distinguished Honor Graduate, or “top gun” in Ranger School, I stayed on for a short stint as an instructor....I became a jumpmaster, and a senior parachutist.

From Germany I went to Viet Nam, where I joined 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry, First Air Cavalry Division conducting search and destroy missions as S-3 (air), and then as Commander, Bravo Company.

At my alma mater, the University of Tennessee, I was an editor of the law review, and graduate of the year of Phi Delta Phi. Assigned to the 4th Infantry Division at Fort Carson, I served as trial counsel, chief trial counsel, and then chief defense counsel in almost two hundred criminal trials.

Bob on the issues.

That's some powerful stuff! You can see the video of his campaign theme song here.

Bob and his wife, Phyllis also star in an episode of Subway's Fit to Boom here. I encourage you to check it out. It's episode 1. You'll have to scroll up in the "episodes" tab to find it. There's also an extra on the episode with Bob and Phyllis.

Connect with Bob on Facebook, Twitter, and You Tube.

Bob is being out-fundraised by his primary challenger, Scott Tipton. Nothing wrong with Tipton, but Bob's my guy. Please consider making a donation here.

No comments: