Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Earth to Malkin: It's Newsweek.

(Sigh) And once again, there are times when conservatives suck.

I totally get why Malkin despises John McCain. What I don't get is how on earth she can be so gullible as to repeat Newsweek's narrative in this post.

Excerpt from Newsweek:
"Maverick" is a mantle McCain no longer claims; in fact, he now denies he ever was one. "I never considered myself a maverick," he told me. "I consider myself a person who serves the people of Arizona to the best of his abilities." Yet here was Palin, urging her fans four times in 15 minutes to send McCain the Maverick back to Washington.
Malkin quotes this and posts the McCain campaign vid "Palin Power."

First off, this is pathetic. It's ridiculous to blame Palin for the Maverick thing. Everyone has called McCain the "Maverick." If he chooses to be stupid about it now, I think it's fair to say that nobody saw that one coming.

Secondly, this came from Newsweek. Ten to one McCain was misquoted. Even if he wasn't, Newsweek will always spin things to blame Palin when they really had nothing to do with her. And Malkin apparently fell for it.

Please, PLEASE tell me that conservatives aren't this flippin' gullible!

Now, when it comes to McCain, I have heard that he is also trying to say now that what he supported before wasn't really amnesty. If he really is trying to pull that stunt, he's done. People will put up with a lot, but bold-faced lies? Eeesh. I don't think so.

The comments on Malkin's article are, of course, full of anti-Palin rhetoric from short-sighted little babies who still can't get over the fact that Palin is campaigning for McCain.

I am so sick of these fair-weather supporters. If you're that stupid as to swallow a Newsweek narrative hook, line, and sinker, please, by all means, leave and go anti-Palin. Your support wouldn't stand up in a Presidential race anyway.

Bottom line on McCain: Palin promised McCain she would help him with his reelection soon after they lost in 2008 (at least, that's my assumption). It's the first thing she told Glenn Beck when he asked why she was stumping for McCain - "I keep my word."

She's keeping her word. And she's not going to do it half-heartedly. She said that she would help him, and that's what she's going to do. If people have a problem with that, so be it. She's keeping her word.

As for any hand-wringing by the anti-McCain crowd that Sarah is messing it up for them - Please. Give the people of Arizona some credit. They'll put whoever they want to represent them in Congress, Palin or no Palin.

No comments: