Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Latest from Levi

Well, the Johnstons went on ET last night. Go to the ET website and scroll down for story and (if you can stomach it) video. It's Tripp's first birthday party video at the Johnston's house. I didn't watch it with the sound up, because, quite frankly, I didn't want to retch. The video looks like it's almost an exact copy of the Palin's birthday party. Cake, sink, and all. I thought the Palins weren't letting Levi see Tripp. Huh.

Listen, I absolutely hate that Levi turned scumbag. But I am forever and always a believer in redemption. And while I have vented on Levi from time to time, there is no doubt in my mind that he loves his son. How could you not love your son? I also assume that he will get joint custody. For one thing, Alaska law favors it. For another, I hold out hope that Levi will grow up. It's a slim hope, but it's still there. And if he does grow up, he should be a part of Tripp's life. Well, to be fair he would be part of his life whether he got joint custody or not, but you know what I mean. Emotions run high in these kinds of situations, and invariably, both sides think that they're right.

But Levi will also have to pay child support. Sucks, I know. My dad never made more than 20-25 thousand dollars a year while I was growing up. He logged for a couple years and only made around 10,000. He has three kids from a previous marriage, and he had to pay child support on all three of them. The judge looked right at my mom and me (I was a baby) and told my dad that he didn't care if we had a roof over our heads, the first kids got paid for first.

Is it always fair? Probably not. But it's life. Suck it up.

And I believe that child support is based on income, hence the high amount demanded by Bristol so far. That's what you get for posing nude in magazines.

No comments: